$5.6 Billion Global Polylactic Acid Market Report to 2027: Trends, Opportunities and Competitive Analysis – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The "Polylactic Acid Market to 2027: Trends, Opportunities and Competitive Analysis" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The future of the polylactic acid market looks promising with opportunities in the packaging, bio-medical, textile, agriculture, and electronics industries.
The global polylactic acid market is expected to reach an estimated $5.6 billion by 2027 with a CAGR of 18% from 2021 to 2027. The major drivers for this market are increasing government regulation and environment friendly and better mechanical properties as compared to other biopolymers.
Emerging Trends in the Polylactic Acid Market
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include development of high heat resistant polylactic acid and production of PLA from second generation feedstock.
A total of 107 figures/charts and 68 tables are provided in this 242-page report to help in your business decisions. To learn the scope of benefits, companies researched, and other details of the polylactic acid market report, then you should read this report.
Polylactic Acid Market Insight
- The analyst forecasts that packaging will remain the largest end use industry during the forecast period due to its biodegradable properties and favorable government policies.
- L-Lactic polylactic acid will remain the largest segment and it is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to its increasing usage in packaging, biomedical, textile, and agriculture industry.
- Europe is expected to remain the largest market and will witness the highest growth over the forecast period supported by stringent government regulations, biodegradable, and mechanical properties.
Features of Polylactic Acid Market
- Market Size Estimates: Polylactic acid market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (M lbs)
- Trend and Forecast Analysis: Market trends (2016-2021) and forecast (2022-2027) by various segments and regions.
- Segmentation Analysis: Market size by product type, end use, raw material, product form,
- Regional Analysis: Polylactic acid market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth Opportunities: Analysis of growth opportunities in different product type, end use, raw material, product form, and region for the polylactic acid market.
- Strategic Analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape for the polylactic acid market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions
Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high growth opportunities for the global polylactic acid market by product type (PLLA, PDLA, and PDLLA), end use (packaging, bio-medical, textile, agriculture, electronics, and others), raw material (corn starch, sugarcane & sugar beet, cassava, and others), product form (film & sheet, fiber, thermoforming, coating, and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
Q. 2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the market?
Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the market?
Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this market and the reasons behind them?
Q.7 What are the changing demands of customers in the market?
Q.8 What are the new developments in the market? Which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9 Who are the major players in this market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
Q.11 What M & A activities have taken place in the last 5 years in this market?
- Natureworks LLC
- Total Corbion
- Pyramid Bioplastics
- Zhejiang Hisun Group
- Jiangsu SUPLA Bioplastic Co. Ltd.
- Synbra Technology bv
- Toray Industries Inc.
The study includes a forecast for the global polylactic acid market by product type, end use, raw material, product form, and region as follows:
Polylactic Acid Market by Product Type [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2016-2027]:
- Poly(L-lactic) Acid
- Poly(D-lactic) Acid
- Poly(DL-lactic) Acid
Polylactic Acid Market by End Use [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2016-2027]:
Polylactic Acid Market by Raw Material [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2016-2027]:
- Corn Starch
- Sugarcane & Sugar Beet
Polylactic Acid Market by Product Form [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2016-2027]:
- Film & Sheets
Polylactic Acid Market by Region [Value ($M) shipment analysis for 2016-2027]:
- North America
- The United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- The Rest of the World
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/obpo8q
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900