Global Calcium Carbonate Industry to 2026 – Decorative Paints Register Strong Demand Driving Growing of CaCO3 – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The "Calcium Carbonate – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Calcium Carbonate estimated at US$21.5 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$28.9 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5% over the analysis period.
Calcium carbonate is extensively used as alkalizing agent, whitening agent and mineral filler in a broad spectrum of applications across several industries. Growth in the global market is set to be driven as a result of increasing consumption of the material from end-use industries. The demand for calcium carbonate in the paper industry is anticipated to be fueled by increasing production of bulkier and brighter paper for different applications. The compound is also used widely in paints and coating industries, which has further been augmenting the market.
The demand for the compound has been increasing across the plastic manufacturing industries as it is used in combination with various thermosets and thermoplastics. As the production cost for calcium carbonate is very low, it is preferred widely in various industries as a cheap ingredient. Growth in the global market post COVID-19 would be driven by improving construction activity and surging demand from various industries such as plastic, paper & pulp, packaging and automotive.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $4.8 Billion in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $8 Billion by 2026
The Calcium Carbonate market in the U.S. is estimated at US$4.8 Billion in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 21.62% share in the global market. China, the world's second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$8 Billion in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 5.9% through the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 4.1% and 4.4% respectively over the analysis period.
Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 4.5% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$8.4 Billion by the end of the analysis period. Asia-Pacific represents a key market due to increasing demand from end-use industries and strong construction activity.
Select Competitors (Total 126 Featured):
- AGSCO Corporation
- Blue Mountain Minerals
- Calcinor, S.A.
- Carthage Crushed Limestone
- Cerne Calcium Company
- Chemical & Mineral Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Columbia River Carbonates
- Fujian Sanmu Nano Calcium Carbonate Co. Ltd.
- GLC Minerals, LLC
- Graymont Limited
- Greer Industries, Inc.
- Gulshan Polyols Ltd.
- Huber Engineered Materials
- Imerys S.A.
- Lhoist North America
- Longcliffe Quarries Ltd.
- Maruo Calcium Co., Ltd.
- Minerals Technologies Inc.
- Mississippi Lime Company
- Newpark Resources, Inc.
- Okutama Kogyo Co. Ltd.
- Omya AG
- Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Provale Holding S/A
- Provencale SA
- SCHAEFER KALK GmbH & Co. KG
- SCR-Sibelco NV
- Shiraishi Kogyo Kaisha, Ltd.
- United States Lime & Minerals, Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3): A Prelude
- Calcium Carbonate Processing
- Physical Properties of Calcium Carbonate
- Application Markets
- Types of Calcium Carbonate
- Difference between GCC and PCC
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- As the Race between the Virus & Vaccines Intensifies, Where is the World Economy Headed in 2021?
- COVID-19 IMPACT ON CALCIUM CARBONATE MARKET
- Global Market Prospects and Outlook
- Global Calcium Carbonate Production Capacity: An Insight
- Geographic Market Analysis
- Paper Industry Remains the Leading End-Use Market for Calcium Carbonate
- Revival of Demand in Paints & Coatings and Construction Materials in Post Pandemic Era
- Global Construction Industry on the Road to Revival
- Building Renovations & Remodeling: Another Major Market Opportunity
- Increasing Consumption of Plastics to Give a Boost to the Market
- Plastic Packaging: A Growing End-Use Vertical
- Rise in Consumption of Adhesives and Sealants to Drive Demand for Calcium Carbonate
- Recent Market Activity
- World Brands
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Manufacturers Engage in Novel CaCO3 Products for Paints & Coatings and Paper industry to Reduce Carbon Footprint
- Biopolymers: A New Market Opportunity
- Application of CaCO3 in Pure Water Gains Momentum
- Food Grade CaCO3 on Rise
- Food Grade Calcium Carbonate Market to be boosted by Vegan Population
- Nano Calcium Carbonate: A Potential Market
- Increasing Use in Packaging and Tissue Products
- New Variety of PCC-Blended Portland Cements
- PCC Gains Preference over GCC in Paper Industry
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate as Effective Alternative to Kaolin Clay
- High Transportation Costs Drive Installation of Satellite Plants
- Decorative Paints Register Strong Demand Driving Growing of CaCO3
- Paper Industry Remains the Leading End-Use Market for GCC
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/buqosf
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900