Global Cellulose Ether & Derivatives Market Forecast to 2026: Carboxymethyl Cellulose Product Type Dominated the Overall Market – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The "Cellulose Ether & Derivatives Market by Product Type (Methyl Cellulose & Derivatives, Carboxymethyl Cellulose, HEC, HPC, EC), Application (Construction, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Food & Beverage), and Region – Global Forecast to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global Cellulose ether & derivatives is expected to grow from USD 5.7 billion in 2021 to USD 8.7 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 9.4% during the forecast period.
Increasing demand from various end-use applications is majorly driving the growth of the market. The cellulose ether & derivatives are used in construction, pharmaceutical, personal care, food & beverage, paints & coatings, and various other applications. However, the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the end use industries has affected the cellulose ether & derivatives market adversely.
The methyl cellulose & derivatives is the fastest-growing product type segment of cellulose ether & derivatives in terms of value and volume.
The methyl cellulose & derivatives product type segment is expected to witness high growth because of the growth in the product requirements, the growth in developing economies, and the technological developments in different applications. The major properties of methyl cellulose & derivatives include high viscosity, non-toxic nature, and hypoallergenic among others. It is widely utilized in construction, pharmaceutical food & beverage, personal care, and other applications which will drive the demand during the forecast period.
The pharmaceutical application to lead the hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) product type segment in 2020
The demand for HPC in pharmaceutical application is expected to increase during the forecast period. The product is extensively used in the pharmaceutical industry as thickening agents, viscosity builders, fillers, disintegrating agents, taste-masking agents, coating agents, and gelation agents. These are mostly used in healthcare product formulations. These compounds play a prominent role in osmotic drug delivery systems, bioadhesives, dosage forms, mucoadhesives, and compression tablets.
The demand for HPC in the pharmaceutical application is expected to increase as the pharmaceutical industry is booming, globally. As the industry grows, due to the increase in the number of diseases, accidents, geriatric population, and health awareness, the demand for hydroxypropyl cellulose in the pharmaceutical application will also increase. Therefore, the demand for HPC in pharmaceutical application will observe a surge during the coming years.
APAC to lead the cellulose ether & derivatives during the forecast period
APAC is projected to have the largest share in the cellulose ether & derivatives and will expand significantly by 2026. This dominance is attributed to the rising demand from domestic industries in the region. The demand for cellulose ether & derivatives is growing, especially, in APAC and Latin America.
The markets in these regions are expected to register high growth in comparison to other regions. The growth of the cellulose ether & derivatives market in the APAC region is also driven by high economic growth, increase in manufacturing industries, availability of cheap labour, growing end-use markets, and the global shift of production facilities from developed markets to developing markets.
Key Topics Covered:
- Methylcellulose & Derivatives Product Type Led the Cellulose Ether & Derivatives Market in 2020
- Construction Application Dominated the Methyl Cellulose & Derivatives Segment Market in 2020
- China to Lead the Cellulose Ether & Derivatives Market During the Forecast Period
- APAC Led the Cellulose Ether & Derivatives Market in 2020
- High Demand from End-Use Industries to Drive the Cellulose Ether & Derivatives Market
- Carboxymethyl Cellulose Product Type Dominated the Overall Market
- Construction Industry Segment Dominated the Demand in Methyl Cellulose & Derivatives Application
- Market in China to Grow at the Highest CAGR During the Forecast Period
- Sustainable Product, as It is Derived from Wood
- Growing Applications in End-Use Industries
- Increasing Use of Carboxymethyl Cellulose in Mini Floatation Process
- Emission of Haps (Hazardous Air Pollutants) During Production
- Burning and Explosion Risks
- Growing Pharmaceutical Industry
- Increasing Construction Activities
- Booming Personal Care Industry
- Growth in End-Use Industries in Emerging Economies
- Emergence of Substitutes in Various Applications
- Water Retention Issue in Cellulose Ether Due to External Factors
- Ashland Global Holdings, Inc
- DKS Co. Ltd
- Hebei Jiahua Cellulose Co., Ltd.
- J. RETTENMAIER SOHNE GmbH + Co KG
- J.M. Huber Corporation
- Lamberti S.p.A
- LOTTE Fine Chemicals
- Nouryon Chemical Holdings B.V
- Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc.
- Shandong Head Co., Ltd
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Zibo Hailan Chemical Co., Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jneppg
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900