DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The "Demulsifier Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 – 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The demulsifier market is expected to witness a CAGR of over 4%, during the forecast period.
One of the main factors driving the market is the growing demand from the increasing production of crude oil. However, strict environmental regulation on the use of chemical demulsifiers is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Baker Hughes Company
- Schlumberger Limited
- Halliburton Company
- Clariant AG
- Ecolab Inc.
- BASF SE
- Akzo Nobel NV
- Croda International PLC
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Dorf Ketal
- PT.Eonchemicals Putra
- National Chemical & Petroleum Industries Co.(NCPI)
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Increasing Production of Crude Oil
Demulsifiers, or emulsion breakers, are a class of specialty chemical that is used to separate emulsions. They are commonly used in the processing of crude oil, which is typically produced, along with significant quantities of saline water.
- Demulsifiers are surface-active agents, which act to neutralize the effect of emulsifying agents and act on the emulsion by flocculation of oil droplets, dropping of water, and coalescence of the water droplets.
- Additionally, demulsifiers are used in the chemical analysis of oil and synthetic muds and to treat produced hydrocarbons.
- According to the US Energy Information of America, global petroleum and liquid fuel demand are expected to rise by less than 0.4 million b/d in 2020, and by 1.7 million b/d in 2021.
- Furthermore, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the application of demulsifiers from crude oil processing is likely to dominate the market studied, during the forecast period.
Middle-East and Africa to Dominate the Market Studied
Middle-East and Africa is expected to dominate the market for demulsifier, during the forecast period. The rising demand for demulsifiers from crude oil production in countries, like Saudi Arabia and South Africa, is expected to drive the demand for demulsifier in this region.
- The largest producers of demulsifiers are located in Middle-East and Africa. Some of the leading companies in the production demulsifier are Baker Hughes Company, Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton Company, Clariant AG, and Ecolab Inc., among others.
- According to current estimates of the US Energy Information of America, 79.4% of the world's proven oil reserves are located in the OPEC countries, with the bulk of OPEC oil reserves in the Middle East, amounting to 64.5% of the OPEC's total.
- Africa's share of global oil production has slightly increased by 0. 3% since last year to 8.7% standing at 8.1 million bbl/day. The main contributors continue to be Nigeria, Angola, Algeria, and Egypt.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the demulsifier market in Middle-East and Africa is projected to grow significantly, during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Increasing Production of Crude Oil
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Strict Environment Regulation on the Use of Chemical Demulsifier
4.2.2 Volatility in Price of Crude Oil
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Water Soluble
5.1.2 Oil Soluble
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Sludge Oil Treatment
5.2.2 Petro Refineries
5.2.3 Crude Oil Processing
5.2.4 Oil-based Power Plants
5.2.5 Lubricant Manufacturing
5.2.6 Other Applications
5.3 By Geography
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand of Biodegradable Polymer-based Demulsifier
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4xq139
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900