Worldwide Chromatography Reagents Industry to 2026 – Featuring Agilent Technologies, Avantor and Thermo Fisher Among Others – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The "Chromatography Reagents Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global chromatography reagents market stood at around USD 8,500 million in 2020 and is expected to register a CAGR of over 6.5% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- ITW Reagents
- Regis Technologies Inc.
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology Inc.
- Shanghai Aladdin Biochemical Technology Co. Ltd
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Thermo Fisher
- Tokyo Chemicals Industry
- Tosoh Corporation
- Waters Corporation
Key Market Trends
Pharmaceutical Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most regulated industries worldwide, since the drug products must be safe and effective. To ensure the least risk to patients, all pharmaceutical products must be of the highest quality. Various technological equipment and analytical procedures, including liquid chromatography, are used by researchers, manufacturers, and developers during the development process to ensure that the goods meet the requirements.
- Chromatography is used in the pharmaceutical industry for a variety of purposes, including identifying and analyzing samples for the presence of chemicals or trace elements, preparing large quantities of extremely pure materials, separating chiral compounds, detecting mixture purity and unknown compounds present, and drug development.
- The HPLC chromatography technique is the most important analytical techniques used in the pharmaceutical business for identifying and quantifying pharmaceuticals. During the research, development, and production of medicine, this is used either in the active pharmaceutical ingredient or in the formulations. The first step in drug development is to find a therapeutic molecule, which can be done utilizing the fast or ultra-quick HPLC chromatography technique for separation and high-throughput screening. This chromatography technique is commonly utilized in pharmacokinetics, bioassays, and metabolic research, owing to its great sensitivity and selectivity.
- The basic principle and separation technique of GC are outlined in the GC section of the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) 27 Chapter. Residual solvent analysis, analysis of diverse functional groups, analysis of drugs of abuse, and determining the identity of natural products, including complicated mixtures of related compounds, are some of the applications of GC in pharmaceutical sectors.
North American Region to Dominate the Market
- North American region dominated the global market share. The increased adoption of chromatography technique, majorly in food and beverage and pharmaceutical industries, drives the demand for chromatography reagents in the region.
- With the increase in the aging population in the region and the rising number of critical diseases, healthcare expenditure has increased significantly in the region. This has increased R&D investments into the pharmaceutical industry for drug discovery and production, which has further increased the demand for chromatography techniques and reagents in the region.
- The United States stood as the largest consumer of chromatography reagents. The pharmaceutical sector, being the largest in the world, has been one of the major industries in the United States, as well as one of the most R&D intensive industries in the country. According to the IFPMA, the share of the pharmaceutical industry in the United States is expected to increase from an estimated 40.3% in 2015 to 41% in 2020.
- The nominal spending on medicines in the country has been growing at a rapid rate since the past several years. In 2020, spending increased by 3.5% reaching a total of USD 539 billion.
- The revenue from the food and beverages industry in the United States is estimated to reach USD 21,320 million in 2021. The revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate of over 4.7%, resulting in a projected market volume of over USD 25,000 million by 2025. This is expected to increase the demand for products such as food processing additives, flavoring agents, etc., thereby boosting the market of study in the country over the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Importance of Chromatography across Various Industries
4.1.2 Technological Advancements in Chromatography Processes
4.2.1 High Costs of Chromatography Processes and Lack of Skilled Professionals
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 Physical State of Mobile Phase
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Awareness about the Benefits of Chromatography Reagents
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/n9niiq
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900