Renewed optimism for the future of gas, coal & biomass to liquids industry at the World XTL Summit 2011
The World XTL Summit 2011 was a great success; the 11th annual event took place on 7-8 June at the Hilton London Tower Bridge. The event presented a great sense of renewed optimism for the future of gas, coal and biomass to liquids. Attendance was up from previous years and CWC were delighted to welcome representatives from 27 countries to discuss the new solutions and opportunities for turning concepts into reality in the gas, coal and biomass to liquids industry.
Summit Highlights included:
- The latest on Pearl GTL from Andy Brown, Executive Vice President. This $20 billion investment will be reaching full production by mid 2012
- Mike Nel gave Sasol’s perspective on global XTL potential and improving the value proposition
- Market perspectives from the IEA and focus on the shale gas boom
- New strategies for driving the commercialisation of the industry
- Project updates on small scale initiatives
- Insights into technology breakthroughs from the leading innovators
- Progress being made in BTL and CTL
The XTL Award Gala Dinner hosted by GTL.F1 was a memorable trip on board the Silver Barracuda. It was the ideal opportunity to relax and network whilst enjoying the impressive views of London from the River Thames. Congratulations to CompactGTL, winners of the prestigious CWC World XTL Award 2011, for their contribution and innovation to the XTL industry. Representing last year’s recipients Susan Robertson, CFO, Oxford Catalysts Group presented the Award to Nicholas Gay, CEO, CompactGTL.
The World XTL Summit has been championing the industry for over a decade and is the place to keep updated on progress and opportunities in gas, coal and biomass to liquids. As the premier forum for international networking and debate, the Summit is all about getting together, sharing experiences and driving the success of XTL. Preparations are underway for the 12th World XTL Summit and CWC look forward to your participation.
NOTES TO EDITORS
The CWC Group is an award-winning company which specialises in energy and infrastructure, developing knowledge, creating commercial opportunities and strategic solutions for government and industry by offering professional training, conferences and exhibitions.
CWC Group Ltd, Regent House, 16-18 Lombard Road, London, SW11 3RB, United Kingdom