Motul’s flagship motor oil now available across Asia-Pacific
Motul announced that the new version of its flagship motor oil, the 300V, is now available in markets across the Asia-Pacific region. The French lubricant manufacturer Motul launched the new version of Motul 300V in August at the 24 Hours of Le Mans (24 Heures du Mans), an endurance-focused sports car race held annually near the town of Le Mans, France.
Since its introduction 50 years ago, the 300V has featured ESTERCore® technology, an innovation which involves the combination of esters with top quality synthetic base oils and an innovative additives package, according to Motul.
The new version includes the following features:
- Improved performance: The new Motul 300V racing oil improves engine performance by reducing internal friction, and ensures proven power and torque gains across the whole power band;
- Better reliability: Motul 300V protects engines without compromising performance by providing high shear stability for maximal oil film resistance, even in most extreme conditions;
- Improved compatibility: Motul 300V now fulfils modern engine requirements; it is fully compatible with exhaust gas after-treatment systems such as particulate filters, compatible with biofuels (especially ethanol) and protects against low-speed pre-ignition or LSPI for downsized, turbocharged engines.
- More sustainable: Motul 300V features organic base stocks using renewable materials, limiting its environmental impact and allowing Motul to lower its carbon footprint by 25% during the manufacturing process
Motul’s 300V also comes in a range of options to accommodate the requirements of different vehicles and motorists facing different driving conditions. The product range includes:
- POWER: The series features the lightest viscosity grades, available from 0W-8 to 5W-30, brings the maximum power and can cope with engines subject to low oil fuel dilution;
- COMPETITION: Features Motul’s mid-viscosity grades, available from 0W-40 to 15W-50, which brings the best compromise between power and reliability, and can cope with engines subject to mid oil fuel dilution;
- LE MANS: The new generation of 300V Le Mans series offers the maximum engine reliability and is now available in 10W-60 and 20W-60 viscosities. It is perfect for extreme motorsport applications such as endurance racing and drifting. Adding to the uniqueness of these products is the fact that they are the only engine oils worldwide bearing the prestigious 24 hours of Le Mans name.