Finland’s Neste Corporation has decided to renew its organizational structure to drive the successful execution of its global growth strategy in renewable products. Neste’s growing Renewable Products business area will be divided into three business units and one operational platform each of which has its own executive vice president responsible in Neste’s Executive Committee: Renewable Road Transportation, Renewable Aviation, Renewable Polymers & Chemicals, and the Renewables Platform.
“Neste has become a global leader in renewable products produced from waste and residues. We see further growth opportunities and demand for renewable and circular solutions not only in road transport but also in aviation, and the polymers and chemicals value chain”, says Neste President and CEO Peter Vanacker.
“By redesigning our organization and executive-level positions, we want to ensure that we are able to deliver sustainable, renewable solutions to our customers even more efficiently. I am confident that this change will enable a faster and bolder execution of our global growth strategy and thus, help Neste to achieve both profitable growth and sustainability aspirations”, says Vanacker.
Various changes have been made to the responsibilities of the members of Neste’s Executive Committee (previously Neste Executive Board) and two new members have already been appointed. All these changes will come into effect as of 1 May 2019.
Carl Nyberg has been appointed executive vice president, Renewable Road Transportation. He is currently vice president of sales, Scandinavia, in Neste’s Renewable Products business area.
Matti Lehmus has been appointed executive vice president of the Renewables Platform, covering the management and development of the renewables’ production and supply chain. He is currently executive vice president of Neste’s Oil Products business area and a member of the Executive Committee.
Marko Pekkola has been appointed executive vice president, Oil Products business unit. He is currently vice president of Production in Neste’s Oil Products business area.
Appointments of the executive vice president, Renewable Aviation, and executive vice president, Renewable Polymers and Chemicals, will be made later.
Kaisa Hietala, current executive vice president of Neste’s Renewable Products business area, has announced that she will continue her career outside Neste. Neste’s Vice President of Sales Scandinavia, Carl Nyberg, will took over Hietala’s executive vice president position as of 19 February 2019 until the new structure is in place on 1 May 2019.
The responsibilities of other members of the Executive Committee have also been adjusted as follows.
The composition of Neste Executive Committee as of 1 May, 2019:
• Peter Vanacker, president and CEO
• Carl Nyberg, executive vice president, Renewable Road Transportation
• Executive Vice President, Renewable Aviation to be announced later
• Executive Vice President, Renewable Polymers & Chemicals to be announced later
• Matti Lehmus, executive vice president, Renewables Platform
• Marko Pekkola, executive vice president, Oil Products
• Panu Kopra, executive vice president, Marketing & Services
• Jyrki Mäki-Kala, chief financial officer, Strategy and IT
• Hannele Jakosuo-Jansson, senior vice president, Human Resources, Procurement and Safety
• Simo Honkanen, senior vice president, Sustainability, Public Affairs and Communications
• Lars Peter Lindfors, senior vice president, Innovation
• Christian Ståhlberg, general counsel
All of the members of the Neste Executive Committee report to President and CEO Peter Vanacker. The changes in the organizational structure will not affect Neste’s reporting segments, which remain: Renewable Products, Oil Products, Marketing & Services, and Others.