Registration Opens for Singapore International Energy Week 2016
SINGAPORE, July 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Registration is now open for the 9th Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW), a key platform for the discussion of global energy issues and their impact on Asia. SIEW 2016 will bring together top energy leaders to share perspectives on the theme, "New Energy Realities", which addresses the implications of energy prices remaining lower for longer, and a greater push to make energy systems both greener and smarter.
SIEW will kick off with the Singapore Energy Summit (SES) which will focus on: (i) Asia's New Energy Realities; (ii) Building a Low-Carbon Future; and (iii) Disruptive Technologies and the Energy Consumer. Global thought-leaders speaking at the Summit include:
- Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Dr Shamshad Akhtar, Executive Secretary, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
- Dr Phyllis Yoshida, Lead Shepherd of the APEC Working Group & Senior Advisor for International Affairs, US Department of Energy
- Masakazu Toyoda, Chairman & CEO, The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)
- Datuk Ir. Ahmad Fauzi bin Hasan, CEO, Energy Commission of Malaysia
- Anne Vadasz Nilsson, Director General, Swedish Energy Markets Inspectorate
- Charif Souki, Co-founder & Chairman, Tellurian Investments
- Steve O'Neil, CEO, REC
- Anil Sardana, CEO & Managing Director, Tata Power
- Ditlev Engel, CEO, DNV GL-Energy
- Aaron Domingo, EVP & COO, Meralco PowerGen Corporation
- Prof Dr Michael Weinhold, Chief Technology Officer, Energy Management Division, Siemens
SIEW continues the tradition to bring together the world's leading conferences, exhibitions and roundtables in one week, one location. The 26th International Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference and Exhibition (PVSEC-26) will be co-located with the Asia Clean Energy Summit for the first time. Delegates can also network with over 200 exhibitors at Asian Downstream Week, EU Business Avenues in South East Asia — Green Energy Technologies 2016, and the Gas Asia Summit.
SIEW will also feature nine Thinktank Roundtables co-hosted by the EMA and leading international organisations. For the first time, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Grattan Institute will organise roundtables at SIEW. Other co-hosts include The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ), International Energy Agency (IEA), International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS), Institute of the Analysis of Global Security (IAGS), S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Energy Research Institute @ NTU, and Energy Studies Institute (ESI). The energy topics at these roundtables include LNG developments, energy technology, renewables and cybersecurity.
SIEW associated events this year will comprise energy publication launches and special workshops. International Energy Agency (IEA) Executive Director, Dr Fatih Birol will deliver the global launch of the IEA Medium Term Renewable Energy Market Report. In addition, the EMA and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) will collaborate on a workshop to promote energy access bringing together key energy stakeholders and policy makers from the G20 and the Asia Pacific. The Edison Electric Institute (EEI) will also hold a special edition of the Asian Energy Financial and Investment Conference to launch a publication on energy investments in Asia.
Register by 31 August 2016 to enjoy early bird discounts of up to S$500. SIEW 2016 will be held from 24 to 28 October 2016 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore. This year's Networking Reception on SIEW's opening night will be held at the National Gallery Singapore.
For media queries, please contact:
Energy Market Authority
Email: [email protected]
Edelman for Singapore International Energy Week
Email: [email protected]