TotalEnergies’ Lubmarine division appoints new general manager
Arnaud Guichard has joined Lubmarine, a division of TotalEnergies (formerly known as Total), to help expand and grow the global lubricant business. Guichard will take over the role of general manager of Lubmarine from Robert Joore, who has been promoted to managing director for TotalEnergies Marketing in The Netherlands.
Guichard began his career in 1993 with TotalEnergies in Paris, France, where he soon became head of Network Sales in Budapest, Hungary. By 2004, Guichard was promoted within TotalEnergies to network director for Nigeria in charge of fuel, lubricant and gas activities. In 2007, Guichard became managing director of TotalEnergies subsidiary in Jordan, and by 2014 was managing director of TotalEnergies Group in Vietnam. Recently, Guichard spent four years working as vice-president, Commercial Sales and Specialties, for TotalEnergies in Africa, where he was responsible for fuels, lubricants, aviation, solar and gas, increasing the commercial scale for projects across the continent.
Demonstrable track record of achievements
“I am delighted Arnaud will take over from me on September 15, 2021, as he brings with him a demonstrable track record of achievements having worked in the fuel, lubricant and gas sectors around the world. His commitment and expertise are a fantastic addition to Lubmarine’s already world-class capability in the maritime sector, and I know Arnaud will be a reliable and valuable leader. I wish him well in his role as General Manager,” said Joore.
“As the new general manager for Lubmarine, I am delighted to have joined such a prestigious business of the TotalEnergies organisation, and to be given the opportunity to expand our lubricant product and service provision across the international shipping industry. I thank Robert for his excellent management of the business since he started as general manager in October 2016, and for his commitment and team leadership he has shown the business, its people and its clients,” Guichard said.
Going from strength to strength
The business has gone from strength to strength with a number of successes including:
- creating a lasting legacy with more than 4,000 days without a safety incident or accident
- building in resilience across the Lubmarine organization to adapt its approach and enable the business to be fit for the future and centric to a global customer service
- successfully transitioning to the switch over for IMO 2020 and delivering activity that supports industry and its customers with a series of Global Cap Forums, investment in product and technical development
- encouraging testing lubricant formulations through sea-trials working with vessel operators and OEMs – the latest outcome of this being the validation of Talusia Universal by WinGD and MAN ES for current IMO 2020 fuel strategies, including dualfuel and LNG
- ensuring business continuity and weathering the Covid-19 pandemic, even growing its market share to be positioned number 2 globally in the lubricant supplier rankings
- creating a robust business network globally to cope with supply and additive shortages, transport and logistic challenges
- supporting the company’s clean zero-carbon focus by developing a range of proven lubricant solutions for both 2-stroke and 4-stroke engine technologies.
- TotalEnergies’ recent brand transition symbolises the bringing together of energy knowledge and world class expertise from across TotalEnergies, and the investments that have been made in decarbonisation initiatives to create a “sea of innovation.”
“Building on the incredible work of Robert will be a challenge. In this role I plan to draw upon the existing expertise of such an experienced and diverse company already very active in the global shipping industry, as well as developing new specialist skills and talent, is an exciting proposition, Guichard said.