Prasad Vaze to lead Raj Petro's lubricants business unit
Photo courtesy of Raj Petro Specialties

Prasad Vaze to lead Raj Petro’s lubricants business unit

Raj Petro Specialities Pvt Ltd. has appointed Prasad Vaze as senior director for its lubricants business. Vaze will lead Raj Petro’s lubricants business unit, which encompass speciality, industrial and automotive lubricants.

Raj Petro Specialities Pvt. Ltd., which is headquartered in Mumbai and Chennai, distributes its own-blended brands of petroleum-related products to diverse customer industries in India and other countries in Asia Pacific as well as in Africa and the Middle East.

Brenntag, a global leader in chemical distribution, bought a majority stake of 65% in Raj Petro in April 2018. Brenntag will buy the remaining 35% stake in Raj Petro after a period of five years, in which the business will be operated as a joint venture, with possible extension of an additional one to two years.

Vaze is a results-oriented business leader, with more than 25 years of extensive experience in customer-centric roles. He has served in numerous senior leadership roles, including leading retail operations, profit centre management, developing business strategy, and channel development and Management.

“We are thrilled to have a seasoned industry leader join our team. With Prasad on board, we are confident that he will accelerate the growth momentum. His unique domain expertise will further help strengthen Raj Petro’s market position and expand footprint across markets,” said Mehul Nanavati, managing director, Raj Petro Specialities.

“I am very thrilled to take on this new role. My vision is to create a world-class experience for our consumers and channel partners. Our aim is to leverage Kyros, Onwo and Zoomol brands, explore the humongous potential that India and international markets offer, and grow the lubricant business profitability,” Vaze said.

Prior to joining Raj Petro, Vaze worked for Nayara Energy, where he was vice president and head of Retail Operations from September 2020 to April 2022 and vice president and head of Retail Business Development from September 2018 to August 2022.

Prior to joining Nayara Energy, he was general manager, Dealer Development, at Bajaj Auto Ltd from April 2016 to September 2018; General Manager, Sales – Eastern & Central India from February 2012 to March 2016; general manager – Dealer Development.

He was business manager at Akzonobel India Ltd from March 2011 to January 2012 in Gurgaon, and business manager, Bharat (semi urban and rural India), from March 2011 to February 2012. He joined Castrol India Ltd. in January 2009 and became regional sales manager for the Kolkata region from October 1997 to February 2012. He started his lubricant industry career at Gulf Oil in 1996 as assistant product manager.