Portugal-based Efacec has introduced a new fast charger for electric vehicles (EV), called QC45 Generation 2. This charging station is the second generation of the company’s fast charger bestseller, with significant improvements in software and hardware domains.
With close to 4.000 fast charging equipment spread across five continents, mostly on the European and American continents, Efacec invests in the continuous evolution of its products to meet the current and future needs of the EV user.
QC45 Generation 2 charger is characterized by usability, with better HMI design and improvement in the identification of the connectors; easy to maintain, with easier front access and to the components; new design, more urban, futuristic and high-tech and a layout that benefits the optimization of space, allowing the chargers to be placed side by side due to the fact that the ventilation is no longer on the side, as the previous version of the QC45 charger.
The innovation and differentiating features visible in QC45 Generation 2 charger represents a new approach of Efacec in the fast charging field and will be present in all products of this line.
QC45 Generation 2 main features include:
- Fast-charge compatible with all brands of electric vehicles
- 0 to 80% charge in less than 30 minutes
- Simple plug & play installation
- DC power up to 50 kW
- AC power: 22 kVA
- Multiple standards: CHAdeMO, CCS e AC
- DC and AC simultaneous charging
- TFT color display (optional touch screen)
- Network integration (OCPP or proprietary protocol)
- Built-in communications (4G, LAN, Wi-Fi)
- Optional two-piece configuration (user/kiosk interface)
QC45G2 applications include:
- Highways and national roads
- Fuel-stations (city and strategic locations)
- EV Infrastructure and operators
- EV fleet (private and public)
- EV dealers and service providers