Pennzoil launches engine oils for outdoor recreation vehicles
Pennzoil® announced the launch of the new Pennzoil Outdoors line of engine oils designed for the vehicles of outdoor enthusiasts. The new portfolio includes engine oils formulated for outdoor recreation vehicles in North America including ATVs/UTVs, watercrafts, motorcycles, and snowmobiles.
The Pennzoil Outdoors portfolio will be available both online and in-store at select retail locations across the United States beginning in the first quarter of 2023 and across Canada in the third quarter of 2023.
“Whether it’s enjoying the backcountry on an ATV or enjoying time boating with the family, we’re excited to bring this new line to outdoor enthusiasts to give them peace of mind during their adventures,” said Bree Sandlin, vice president of Lubricants Marketing at Shell Lubricants, which owns the Pennzoil brand.
“It’s important for us to continue to innovate to meet the needs of our consumers. We’ve taken the technology that Pennzoil customers are accustomed to in their passenger cars and formulated these small engine oils to provide the same performance and protection for those who love the outdoors.”
ATVs/UTVs, boats, motorcycles, and snowmobiles are among the most popular outdoor recreation vehicles for exploration, each driven by traditionally smaller engines that require unique engine oil formulations. The current full synthetic offering from Pennzoil is well suited for the often-extreme conditions of these recreational vehicles, allowing the Pennzoil technology team to translate these benefits for the Pennzoil Outdoors portfolio.
New Product Details
- Pennzoil ATV/UTV SAE 10W-40 Engine Oil:
- Pennzoil ATV/UTV engine oil has wet-clutch compatibility and a smooth-shifting, consistent clutch feel to help riders focus on the fun and encounter fewer bumps along the way
- The engine oil cleans engines in dusty environments and protects in extreme temperatures
- Suitable for use where API SN and JASO MA2 specifications are required
- Pennzoil Marine 4-cycle SAE 10W-30 and SAE 25W-40 Engine Oil:
- Pennzoil Marine ® engine oil is formulated with performance-boosting additives, which target critical needs in marine engines to provide greater fuel efficiency as compared to 2-stroke marine engine oil
- Surpasses the American Petroleum Institute’s (API) requirements for SI, SL, and SM specifications and exceeds OEM requirements and FC-W® Catalyst Compatible specifications, and meets all 4-stroke outboard manufacturer’s requirements
- Can be used in inboard, outboard, and stern drive engines
- Pennzoil Motorcycle SAE 10W-40 Engine Oil:
- Pennzoil Motorcycle engine oil creates more efficient power delivery for motorcycles and reduces engine noise and vibration for an enjoyable ride to enhance the riding experience
- Optimizes wet-clutch performance, protects in extreme heat and low temperatures, and provides enhanced responsiveness and maximum acceleration to keep riders comfortable on the road
- Meets the requirements of API SN and JASO MA2 specifications which are standard for most American, European, and Japanese motorcycles including V-Twin, 4-stroke engines found in high-performance and race-tuned bikes
- Pennzoil Motorcycle SAE 20W-50 Engine Oil:
- Pennzoil Motorcycle engine oil provides smooth clutch engagement, keeps the engine clean, and reduces engine noise and vibration for a smooth ride
- Formulated specifically to prevent dirt particles from sticking together to form deposits and protects standard air and water-cooled 4-stroke motorcycle engines with integral gearboxes and wet clutch assembly
- Meets the API SL and JASO MA2 specifications which are standard for most American, European, and Japanese motorcycles including V-Twin, 4-stroke engines found in high-performance bikes
- Pennzoil Snowmobile 2-Stroke Engine Oil:
- Pennzoil Snowmobile engine oil boasts a low-ash formula to help prevent spark plug fouling, ring deposits, and combustion chamber deposits, and prevents exhaust power valve sticking and piston scuffing
- Provides exceptional cold-flow performance and overall helps keep the engine clean and running efficiently
- Suitable for use where API TC, JASO FD, ISO-L-EGD specifications are required